Sunday, October 12, 2008

update for the week

well... not too much is new in our lives this week.. other than it is COLD. Apparently we skipped fall and went right to winter. We boxed up the flip flops (Amanda would wear them year round) and have been wearing our coats and sweaters. Kris bought a "warmer" the animals and he and the kids built a creative shelter for them in the carport. (Think Wylie keeping 3 cats warm). Shelby, Hailey, Brooke and I had a cooking night. We made hamburger helper together.. and homemade cinnamon roles. (Teaching use of our food storage). Amanda got some gorgeous new clothes courtesy of my friends Gymbucks (thanks Jana). Now if she would only pair them in less unique ways!!!! Volleyball is almost over which means we are almost headed into the basketball season. ( Wow.. even Brooke can play this year.. I'll have one 40 year old 7th grade basketball coach/men's league basketball sub, one Sophomore JV basketball player, one 8th grade star point guard, one 6th grade park and rec baller and one new 3rd grade park and rec player!!! yeah.. and the fan of all fans the dribbling, dancer in the stands... Amanda Beatrice. Only I do not play..
Today on 2 hours of sleep I did play the piano for a beautiful musical number "the Test". My good friend in our ward, a beautiful Tenor, Stacey sang this. It was so touching that we were all in tears. It is hard to play the piano when you are crying.
All in all life is good. We are still very blessed. Even with the economy in it's current condition.. We continue to enjoy the Lord's blessings. I guess some of what was lost wasn't actual wealth.. but perceived wealth. I am complaining less about the hours I work and feeling grateful for the work that I do have.
Perspective is everything. Medication doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke