Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Stuff

Think about all of the stuff in our homes. Really all the stuff in our lives. About 10% of it holds critical value .. But it all still requires maintenance and storage and cleaning...


Really running an efficient home requires that you keep a handle on your stuff...

Clothing..having enough to be stylish and comfortable yet not so much that washing, storing and rotating it becomes a burden. What to do with outgrown or worn stuff?
I take most or our old clothing to the kids/womens resale shop in town and get credit. Then I can buy cute newer stuff when Amanda outgrows the old...and even get stuff for myself and the teenagers.

Food...storing enough for an emergency. Rotating storage. Eating what you have and not wasting.

And decorations. My huge weakness. I love to decorate for holidays and I have like 15 huge boxes of Christmas decorations. This year I went through it and purged some stuff that is older and didn't tug on my sentimental heartstrings. I listed it on the local classifieds and made 60 dollars. Yeah! I still decorated with a ton of stuff but it felt so good to let go of a few things.


It takes a lot of work to keep stuff from multiplying in the dark of the night. I guess it takes conscientiously not buying so much.


Okay...enough of that.
Other topics I've been ruminating on lately.

Personal worship. Our relationship with God is a personal thing. Even though the gospel is about families and these relationships are of utmost importance...we must never use coercion on spouses or family members. We can lovingly suggest and pray for their spirituality but we must not threaten or badger or issue ultimatums. We also should not call them to repentance.

We must worry about our own personal worship and get ourselves in line. Then we can work behind the scenes and on our knees. And love them! Seriously. I'm not too worried about Kris and the big guy upstairs. I'm worried about me! Im the one who has the attitude.

After the Boise temple dedication...I decided the prophet is the coolest man on the earth and that he has an awesome sense of humor. And because of that I've decided that God has a sense of humor too.

And that is probably a good thing.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke