I haven't posted in a while. But we have been wrapping up this wierd and confusing year.
Utimately, while 2020 was a scary time it also was a wonderful time. I did some really interesting things. Forgive me if this is repeating myself. I do that.
-Read the entire Standard Works cover to cover!
-traveled to Montana with my dad and recorded memories and family history
-spent meaningful time with family
-taught seminary with the love of my life
-reveled in being a Mimi !!!
-worked... ALOT
-reconnected in meaningful ways with extended family
-paid off a lot of debt
-bought a new very comfortable bed
and finally
-spent Christmas with all of my children and their families!
We were able to all be together in McCall for the holiday. Thanks to my mother in law donating her condo to us we had 3 time shares to spread out in. This made it really comfortable. The girls and their husbands did a wonderful job of sharing the cooking. Every family contributed to a meal. We had lasagna, tacos, prime rib, chicken parmesan, and also burgers and fries from our favorite restaurant.
Can I say that I have the best son in laws? They were all so good about helping and they make our lives so much richer with their personalities. They are some good guys.
We did a lot of babysitting for the little ones so that the kids could enjoy tubing and skiing together. This was very fun.
I loved playing hot wheels, chasing a crawler, feeding bottles, putting down to sleep, holding babies, playing in the snow, and doing obstacle courses with my little people. Hailey mentioned that her husband said, "your mom is silly". This was a wonderful compliment to me! I am silly. I consider this to be my best quality I inherited from my mom. Some of my best memories are of being silly with her. She was always such a fun mom and I hope that my grandkids remember me as fun and silly.
My daughter Stef was kind enough to bring her camera and capture a family photo. This was no small feat. It required a lot of patience and skill. People had to be dressed in clothing that Glen remembered to bring and there was posing and complaining and lighting and stress. It involved her computer and another few hours of technological help and a few tears. I am glad that I have this photo so I can send New Years cards. I am thankful that she was kind enough to help me with this. I couldn't have done it on my own. She is thoughtful like that.
We also blessed our newest grandson. This was a highlight. We shared the experience with Glen's family via zoom.
I am thankful that we had coronovirus in October. Maybe if we hadn't, we would have been sick and unable to be together in December. Being together was important. We are sad we couldn't have our parents with us. So many of our older family members have experienced a lonely and isolating year.
I love all of my girls so much. They are all amazing people and spending Christmas with them was the best present.
No comments:
Post a Comment