This year was a different year in so many ways. When we were making holiday plans the kids really wanted to go to Portland for Thanksgiving. Since there are so many of us... it would be hard to stay at my parents. We were able to rent a cool Air B&B about 20 minutes away from their house. We arrived Wednesday and I picked up Hailey and Joe. They did all of the shopping! I just gave them a list.
As everyone arrived we visited and then started some of the cooking. I made the roll dough, the pumpkin cheesecake and on Thursday morning... Hailey made chili. We also got the first turkey in the oven thanks to Joe and his skills. We made all the jellos and other salads. We didn't celebrate our big dinner that day because Glen, Stef and boys were driving in from Denver. We did have a nice meal of chili and played some fun games that Brooke taught us.
Friday we had another turkey (which Trent brined) go in the oven and with Hailey's help I made the mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams and green beans. Mom showed up and supervised the gravy. The day was really nice and we enjoyed having Dave and Karli's family there with us. They brought a bunch of sparkling cider.
I put all of my grandkids in matching jammies and tried for a picture!
Saturday Kris and Amanda left for home but before they left we got a great family photo for my Christmas card. Then we all went to the coast where the Trent ran into the cold water and we had lunch together.
I rushed back to Portland and was able to be with Dave, Karli and mom and dad for the baby blessing of Jensen.
It was a really nice holiday.
This week was kindof a doozy. Upon returning home we all had little colds. Mine turned into laryngitis. Kris coached his first basketball game as a head coach. He didn't get booted out of the gym so there is that. I was tested twice for covid but have managed to be negative. I babysat for my little friend Azari. My Christmas cards got delivered and when I opened them they were a photo of a nice couple holding 3 dogs. Whoops. So my order got misplaced and I had to reorder. I worked a few times and tonight I am going to take some Nyquil and try to rest.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment