Amanda graduated May 28th. We had all of the family here for the event including all of the grandparents. We had lots of yummy food and played games and visited. Amanda sang the National Anthem for the graduation ceremony and she was also Salutatorian. It was our last graduation! Now I can ignore all the emails for young woman events! Yeah for me.
The first week in June Kris put on a kids basketball camp. He recruited all the daughters he could to help and that meant that Shelby and Stef came from Idaho and I had 3 days of grandkid duty. We went to the park, played, watched Paw Patrol and ate lots of kid snacks. I think it was a success for him.
End of that week I left for Idaho to go on a bike trip with a dear friend. Sherri and I were coworkers for many years as nurses. She has retired and has been gone on a mission. Now that she is back in the area we reconnected and were able to plan a trip. We went up to Northern Idaho Couer d'Lane area and biked a 15 mile trail. It was beautiful but very rainy! That area is receiving record rains and has some flooding extending into Yellowstone. Luckily we had e bikes and dressed fairly warmly. No hypothermia occurred. We reminisced about all the years we worked together and shared funny stories. We also ate out and did some hikes. While I was gone Kris was camping with his basketball team doing their summer routine/camp.
Brooke has moved home and now the kids are doing their summer jobs and we are trying to make some summer plans.
Here's what we hope to do next:
Camp with the family and fish and visit
See extended family at the beach
Go to Hawaii before Amanda leaves for college.


No comments:
Post a Comment