Friday, May 19, 2023

Happenings


 So many many things are happening here at the homestead.

Cows- cows are back on the pasture… I felt extra welcoming about it today. Usually I grumble and groan as I open and close the gate to get to our house .. but this year I am so glad! Sunshine means cows and I’m ready for sunshine.

Kids- Brooke nannies for some adorable kids who like to come to our house , hang out, play toys and call me mom. Also I have occasionally got to babysit my friend Berkley and my friend Azari.  Yesterday Berk and I visited the dollar store, the park and then ended with a fantastic water gun … water balloon event. 

NBA- Kris and I have been watching the NBA games together. We are rooting for Denver and the Jovic guy. We also like the Celtics.

Dates- Kris planned the best date last week where we went up to a campground and made s’mores and hot dogs and went for a hike. He is the best planner but it’s my turn next so I’m trying to think up something cool.

Trips-  I went to Utah for a Women’s Conference. I didn’t even get annoyed! (Miracle).  Even when my roommates were setting off the fire alarms (hair dryers)… and talking about Botox.  I enjoyed some good classes, my Alma mater and seeing an old professor. Also I mostly could find buildings on campus.  Amanda saved the day by getting me Dr Pepper and I enjoyed celebrating Hailey’s birthday with pedicures. Next up is a trip to Colorado in June and family camping.

Mother’s Day—- nothing like a little favorite holiday to celebrate. (Heavy on the sarcasm) but actually it ended up being a nice day with breakfast from Kris and then a low key lesson with the 5 year olds where I sat on a blanket in the church yard and had them pick dandelions for their moms. They were delighted and it wasted a good 10 minutes. 

So many things are happening with grandkids, kids and life… I feel like I am exceedingly blessed.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke