Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

It is 2am.. night number three of a row of 12 hour shifts. My eyes are red and feel gritty. I have pretty much been MIA from my family.. luckily my amazing husband has taken over this weekend and my great teenager baked and decorated a birthday cake for her sister.. she even brought me an omelet in bed today. Grandpa seems to be enjoying himself. We had lunch together this week a few times and have kept eachother company while everyone was at school and work.
Hailey managed to make her 12th birthday great by planning a day with a friend and then a party today with 4 loud friends. It interrupted my fitful confused sleep and I was laying on the porch in my bathrobe for awhile until I finally came into work.

Today is Mother's Day... A difficult day in a way... if you are a mother. Sometimes it is hard to sit through the mother's day talks ... when everything is glossed up and made to seem so perfect.. when reality is so much messier. It is a hard day for those that have lost mothers or children. What is not hard is thinking about how much I love and appreciate my mother.
Something about becoming a mother makes you realize how much your own mother sacrificed in your behalf. Being my mother was not an easy job from the beginning. My mother could've easily died during my traumatic birth.. But she lived to be a great mom. She was everything that I'm not. She stayed home and created a haven for us. She was a fabulous cook. She made our lives run smoothly. As she has gotten older she has gotten more confident and really established her reputation as a great piano teacher.

I am glad to be a mom. I am a good homework helper. I order a mean pizza. I drive around alot taking people places. I'm a good activity director.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke