
It is 1:30 am. No I am not at work... I am in the middle of a frenzy of tasks which probably aren't really necessary but are part of my "procrastination" habit which I have perfected over the last 40 years.
Here's what happens... Something is looming, which I need to be preparing for ie trip, term paper, test, lesson, talk... and instead of focusing on the task at hand and plowing through it... I find something else totally non-related .. or that I have wanted to do for ages and then start it. The key words there are start... Finish is a word that I don't do very well.
So tonight/today... I have a list of things to do for our trip to Utah to deposit kids at EFY.. packing, cleaning, etc etc.. and instead... I have cut out 3 cute aprons... washed 4 loads of laundry... part way unloaded the dishwasher and opened a cake mix...
Notice I didn't say... finish said cute aprons or pull out the machine to sew a stitch.. or fold and put away laundry ... or reload dishwasher or even add necessary ingredients to cake mix to bake... All of these things would require focus which seems to leave me when I become nervous or anxious about the looming event.
Are you following me? I 'm not really sure that I am following me at this point. See that is why.. most of my high school and college papers were typed up the night before they were due.. because instead of using the time wisely to get ready for the assignment.. I would just dread it to the point that I'd find other things to do.. like organize closets, fix my hair, write in my journal... etc etc etc...
On a happier note.. I was not feeling stressed at all earlier when my husband took me out to dinner. We had a great meal and relaxing conversation.. especially after he forgave me for the hair coloring fiasco ... (I helped him touch up his roots and died a large amount of his skin around his forehead and down in the side burn area)... Luckily an emergency call to Sheryden and some hairdressing dye remover fixed his skin up quite nicely.
Once I do finally get packed.. I'm headed to Utah Sunday .. for some visiting and fun!
Frankly.. it's amazing I get anything done at all. And that my friends is why I am usually overwhelmed.
I know.. it's my own dang fault... what to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment