Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trip Details




So .. we are back from one trip and getting ready today for another. I have alot of wonderful photos on my phone which I"m having a hard time getting off my phone onto my computer... I'm technologically challenged ya know.

We loaded up our car and 8 total passengers last Sunday and made the trip down to Utah. Shelby and her dear friend Sheyanne were going to attend EFY, a youth conference at BYU. I don't know how to express how much I dislike driving. I'm not much for long drives where the lives of several people depend on my judgement and skill. It is a psychological burden that is hard to bear. Thankfully, a lady in my ward wanted to go down to Utah at the same time and she kept me company and also navigated and drove some. This was a huge relief. Somehow we packed everything for all those traveling into our expedition thanks to this wonderful lady's car top carrier (Thanks Jalin)!!! We had Ipods, movies, cellphones and some conversation to make our journey of 12 hours seem less.

We stayed with Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Lynn for most of the trip. We discovered that Grandma Shirley enjoys watching the Bachelorette on Monday nights!!! They helped entertain the kids with ice skating and also a trip to Seven Peaks to swim. The younger girls played with their cousin Brandon. We saw our dear Grandma Payne who is 101 years young!!!

We shopped for school clothes and I was able to visit the temple in American Fork. Thursday we spent the day with Kristin and kids and then spent the night there and saw Dan.. That was so much fun!!! Kristin made Navajo tacos and also wonderful German waffles. The cousins enjoyed eachother so much. Spencer rode his bike without training wheels down the curb... and Stuart showed me his garden and also his new rabbit fur from scout camp. Savannah, Brooke, Sarah and Hailey talked and played.. Good times.

Friday we saw Sheryl and Clark and watched a movie at their house.. and also saw Rachel and Brian's cute new home. We went to Karen Cox's house and also swam at Granny's..

Friday night I was lying in bed and started to receive teenage text messages. (Thanks Shelby) ... note.. Shelby doesn't have a cell phone so she high jacks mine when necessary.

Saturday morning we had to leave. I extracated the 15 year olds from their crying group of friends. Oh the boys they met.. the good friendships they made.. the spiritual experiences they had.. well worth the money I paid... We drove off after loading the car again (with twice as much stuff)...

Returning home we greeted our missed family members.. Stef and Kris... Stef of course was texting all the friends she met at EFY the last few weeks!! Such fun...

So now we are off to Canada... Summer travel... FUN

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke