Last night our band had it's first performance. (with me in it..they've all performed before) It was a little rough. We did a political rally for a local candidate. We had some technical glitches... and frankly.. It was my first, live, open air concert.. and I didn't realize that I WOULDN"T BE ABLE TO HEAR MYSELF AT ALL.. but the crowd could. Scary. It was like being a deaf piano player. Sometimes your ear really helps you out folks.. Like .. oh yeah.. I 'm on the wrong chord. The singers always do a good job... They have lots and lots of experience. I'm wishing I could get more input on how it really all sounded.. Honest input. The good thing is we got to test drive things before next weekend. On the positive side.. I got to wear cowboy boots, braids and eat a really good burger with fried onions.
Friday, September 3, 2010
The Band
Last night our band had it's first performance. (with me in it..they've all performed before) It was a little rough. We did a political rally for a local candidate. We had some technical glitches... and frankly.. It was my first, live, open air concert.. and I didn't realize that I WOULDN"T BE ABLE TO HEAR MYSELF AT ALL.. but the crowd could. Scary. It was like being a deaf piano player. Sometimes your ear really helps you out folks.. Like .. oh yeah.. I 'm on the wrong chord. The singers always do a good job... They have lots and lots of experience. I'm wishing I could get more input on how it really all sounded.. Honest input. The good thing is we got to test drive things before next weekend. On the positive side.. I got to wear cowboy boots, braids and eat a really good burger with fried onions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
2 comments:
We didn't stay past 7, have to get my kids in bed you know, but it sounded great to us. You did a good job, I miss Alan though, he added some deepth to the vocals.
All I can say is...you are my hero. I love that you are in a band, using your talent. Well done!
Post a Comment