I am really glad that today is a new day. Every day we get a do over. We can try to be a better mom, a better friend, a better person. Even if yesterday was the pits.. today can be supreme. Maybe that's why life is so repetitious. Maybe it's so we can get it right. The best thing is my best friend is back from Disneyland. Yeah. When she was gone I didn't spend money on lunches out.. but I also was not feeling myself... Lunches out are like therapy I tell you.Right now I am listening to "The Prayer" by Charlotte Church and Josh Groban. I would love it if Kris sang to me like Josh does but... it's ok. Music like that is sublime. This weekend was our annual Chamber Music Holiday Music event. I accompanied our choir as usual... and got to play a very lovely rendition of Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring on the organ. I was tired and weary leading up to the event. Of course I had scheduled myself to work the night before, and so I was extra exhausted. I was feeling like giving up the choir and letting someone else take on the negatives involved ... (like people who complain during practice grrrrr). But then as I sat at the organ next to the Christmas tree and played that beautiful piece, in front of my family and friends, something magical happened. It was like I was lifted up and transformed and carried away with the music. It was so beautiful. The singers were singing the beautiful words and I was able to play the organ part without choking up but my emotions were very close to the surface. Music is such a beautiful way to feel the spirit. So I unquit. I'm still going to do choir.
Monday we decorated our Christmas tree. It was a frustrating night. No one was cooperating or paying attention... or helping. So I got upset and left... When I got home I had 5 little notes on my night stand from my sweet girls. They were worried and apologetic. Hailey even said she liked her piano lessons in her note (that's how desperate they were). My sweet little family.
Yesterday my Ensign came. And in it.. I read the best article. I needed it... because I was feeling just a little down. The article, "Fear not"... says "Because of the Savior's birth, life, and Atonement, there are no unsolvable problems. There are temporary tragedies and difficulties, of course, but they need not be permanent or unconquerable. Can you imagine anyone having a problem God cannot solve?"
So today.. it's a new day.. and I'm going out to lunch with my friend yeah!!!! ....
No comments:
Post a Comment