Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last post of 2011


This is a picture of all of us (except Kris who is behind the camera) dining in McCall. Fun times I tell ya.

Well. One last post of 2011. Yesterday I felt the need to clean. We had all the holiday decorations put away and a sparse leftover sprinkling of snowmen is all thats left around the place now. Brooke vaccuumed the whole house and Shelby dusted. I think it has been months since we really dusted.. and I cleaned up and threw away things. It was marvelous. I do miss my housekeeper. But since we have a college student...that had to go.

The kiddos are trying to pack all the friend time in that they can since break is almost over. Amanda and her BFF spent the night in sleeping bags last night. It was cute. Stefani has been going out mostly with Rivka and Shelby has been playing basketball.. but doing some fun things too. Hailey spends as much time as possible with Alycia and Brooke spends as much time as possible with her sister Miranda. They almost live at this family's house. Should I pay them some child support? I sometimes wonder. Although they like to be over here too.. except for that I'm not a real great cook. But hey.. the top ramen is always a real draw.

I have good memories of spending time with childhood friends.

We haven't done a lot of piano practicing this break... or a lot of homework (except for Shelby..that good girl). And we also didn't work on personal progress. These are all things I will target in the new year.

I also am going to try to be more motivated and do more "hard things". I've noticed that I sometimes look for the easy way out and so I am going to try to stretch my muscles in this area and do one hard thing a day. We'll see how that goes. I have one more day to be the old me.

Happy New Year. Tonight I'm supposed to work... and then Tuesday Stef goes back to college. Life continues to move rapidly along.

Good bye 2011

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke