
This week was a big week.
Shelby called Sunday and said she had an opportunity to move into a house with two other girls. The dorm scene was a little wild, and while we loved the closeness to her gym and campus and the meal plan...I could tell she'd had enough.
So I made new plans and drove over Monday after working surgery. I caught her game and took her to dinner then we enjoyed a relaxing night in a hotel.
In the morning, she went to class and I started packing up her room. I made about 6 trips down the three flights of stairs to load up my car while she was gone. I was pretty out of breath and tired and was glad when Martin, a young strong thing showed up to help unload and get the rest of the stuff.
The house she is in is very cute and her room is homey. We went to Walmart and bought a very cheap dresser and bookcase.
While she was at practice I assembled the dresser and bookcase. I decided I'm not a big fan of cheap, particle board furniture...but I did get them together sort of..(my dad would be so proud). I mostly put her stuff away. I did some laundry and bought her some groceries.
Then we stayed and watched Hailey's game which was conveniently occurring in the same town. They pulled out a close win and Hailey negotiated another dinner at our favorite restaurant Wingers.
We took Shelby, Hailey and Shelby's friend. After a great meal, we drove them home and headed out for home.
It was a long drive...especially when I forgot gas again and had to drive back to Ontario to gas up. Who knew Vale had no gas stations open after 11 pm.
We pulled into our driveway at 1:30 am.
Every muscle in my body aches today. But I'm happy I could do this.
I had the thought, as I was driving home, that I wont always be able to help my daughters as easily as I can now.
Even though I sometimes complain about my frazzled, insane life...the absolute truth is I live for these kids.
I love it when they call me and need something. I love to help them. I have a purpose, and it feels good.
That really, in essence is our earthly mission. Have eternal families....do everything we can for them.
Somebody I love is turning 21 next week. Wow. That is impossible to believe. 1993 was just here. It was snowy and cold and I was huge. Kris wore a pink shirt to the hospital where we met the first little person we would get to parent.
I wish I could as easily drive down to see her. I would take her out for lunch and give her a huge hug and tell her how extremely proud I am of her. Instead, I think I will go to the store today and get stuff for a big birthday package.
No comments:
Post a Comment