Monday, August 25, 2014

Things I want to remember about this week.....




Yesterday was a great day. I woke up tired from making my stupid freezer meals and didn't get my nap in but in spite of all of that.... we had a really nice day.

After church I made dinner (shocker) and we carried everything outside and had an early meal on the picnic table that mom and dad gave us. (It was my grandpa's). When they came a few weeks ago, they painted it with me. *** NOTE: IT WAS A SUPER FUN TIME JUST ME AND THE PARENTS. WE REALLY HAD A BALL. *** Back to my story of yesterday...We enjoyed eating outside a lot. After a nice meal and some ice cream we had our annual back to school Father's blessings. Kris always gives each child a very personal blessing. He even gave one to me! I'm probably going to need that blessing to keep up with my goals for this year. The only thing missing was our Stefani.

As we were hanging out in the backyard, our friends the McMullens pulled up. They brought a treat for Amanda. She enjoyed getting some extra attention and we all visited. Kris took their little boys up into the tree house and we watched their little boy do flips on our trampoline.


After they left we cleaned up a little and I made cookies. Then our old friends the Chambers stopped by with their kids. We visited and ate all the cookies. The adults went on a long walk and the kids played games. We ended the night eating popcorn and playing more games including mafia and a signal game?

Then I bathed Amanda (needs assistance due to the broken arm), packed all the lunches and passed out.

This morning we got up and I dressed Amanda, made waffles and took the younger two to school. See the pictures.

I think I have cooked more in the last 48 hours than in the last 6 months.

Brooke is doing cross-country, Hailey is doing cheerleading and Shelby is working out for basketball. They are burning calories people and needing lots of healthy food. It's a full time job.. almost.

Any way... The last few days have been busy, but fun.

Next up on the agenda... A trip to Bend to see the orthopedic specialist. Fingers crossed that we don't need surgery. We do need braces. That will be 5 of 5. And we still need wisdom teeth out in Hailey. They are trying to grow in while we try to figure out a span of time that we can take off to recuperate.


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke