I hate to say it but I'm really lacking for witty blog material these days.
I could post a to do list ...but that is so lame.
I could post an update but life is pretty much the same, although today I did have to leave after sacrament and go cry for two hours. The organ pedal has not worked right for a year and today when I had another random extremely loud note sequence I'd had it. I told my husband I'm on strike and will just play the piano for however long it takes them to fix the organ right. I'm tired of telling them it's broken and having no one do anything or come out and say it's fine.
After I cried for two hours I had to go back for choir. Then I came home and still felt pretty cranky.
Two very nice friends came over with pumpkin bars and Dr. Pepper.
I'm pretty blessed with nice friends.
But back to my title.
Best purchase ever! Our bed. We bought our bed 21 or so years ago for like 500 dollars. Most comfortable bed ever. That's like 25 dollars a year for an amazing nights sleep.
Another best purchase --Netflix. For 7.99 a month all the family has viewing options. And since the college girls log in on our account and watch Gilmore Girls and such...it's a real bargain. Like pennies a person.
Our car DVD player we bought for 120 or so bucks and have used it so much the cords are frayed. We still can make it work on a long trip to stop the fighting ... That's extreme value people.
I guess some of our cars would classify as best purchases because they were used and relatively cheap...and we drive them into the ground. Kris truck was less than 7000 and he's driven it for over 10 years. That's 700 a year...not counting all the gas it guzzles.
Most of the best things in my life I didn't purchase, but they have the most value.
The husband being the top of the list. He was a great pick. Extreme value as far as companionship, comfort and co parenting. He is priceless.
All of my kids....their value is indescribable. They constantly challenge me to be better, to sacrifice, to learn things I wouldn't learn otherwise...like patience and flexibility. They are more entertaining then anything and fun! It would be hard to put a price on Stefani's phone calls, her banjo playing, Shelby's sensitivity and basketball greatness ... Hailey's socialness, and her stories...Brooke's silliness and her inquisitive nature and Amanda's singing in the shower. It's hard to describe a person's value in one or two words.
The best things in my life I didn't order on Amazon or get at the mall. I'm glad heavenly father loaned them to me for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment