Tuesday, October 21, 2014
For the Beauty of the Earth
This week we sang For the Beauty of the Earth in choir. I put the You Tube version of it on my phone. The inspirational one where the MoTab sings the John Rutter version. Then I would play it while I was driving and cry. It is that amazing. And it probably makes me cry because the first time I heard that version was at a wonderful man's funeral.
For the Beauty of the Earth, For the Beauty of the Sky....
Saturday.. Kris and I went fishing. We drove through the big town of Crane and past a bunch of ranches. Out to a stream that was beautiful and pure. We visited and casted and I laid in the grass and looked up at the sky and thought about the wonderful world we get to live in. It was so warm for October. The long johns and fishing socks I had on were just a little too warm. It was right out of a scene from Little House on the Prairie. There were absolutely no fish but it was such a great spot that I want to go to again sometime. We drove home in time for all the little situations that arise in our household... like dead batteries and homework and teenage drama.
For the Love from which our birth, Over and Around us Lies
I did a little sewing for a special thing we are doing for Grandma's 80th birthday.
The organ got taken away to the repair shop! So Sunday I played the piano. Many people asked me what had happened? Where did the organ go... Some people who know more than others speculated about what I had done to affect this positive change. They congratulated me on having it repaired. One fine brother stated that my I had finally gotten my way and "was this how I handled things?" He was joking but I was mildly offended. Which begs the question, when women ask for something in an assertive manner, why is this worth commenting on? If a man complained about the organ and finally got something done about it... no one would think a thing about it.
For the Beauty of Each Hour... of the Day and of the Night
I worked days and a night this week. One day surgery interview yielded this awesome remark. "When I stand up, I always fart". After the lady said this, I laughed for 10 full minutes and then I started to cry. I was laughing that hard. She had a great sense of humor and told me I was a fun nurse.
Hill and Vale and Tree and Flower... Sun and Moon and Stars Above
Amanda raked some leaves for Kris. She was able to get about 21/2 bags done. She wasn't happy about the dog poop.
For the Joy of Human Love, Brother ,Sister, Parent ,Child....
Friends on Earth and Friends Above
I was able to talk to almost everyone on the phone this week and this is what I learned. Stefani is watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. ALL THE TIME. Sometimes Shelby is also logged in on Netflix. If too many people are logged into Netflix, it makes it hard for the people at home to watch Restaurant Impossible. I also talked to my mom and dad who had just gone for a hike. I am missing having my family all together and am glad that we have opportunities to visit and interact.
For all Gentle thoughts and Mild
Lord ofAll to Thee We Raise... This our Joyful Song of Praise...
Our Choir was all Women. No men participated in the musical number. Some of us were not on key. It was perfect.
And I loved it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment