Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Friendship
Because we have started Middle school... we have entered the phase where some of Amanda's friendships have transformed. It has been a little bit difficult at times. It is that awkward time of life where everyone is growing and finding themselves and things have changed... as they always do. Amanda has been a pretty good sport about all of it. She's listened to my lecturing and my platitudes and pretty much not told me to shove it. This weekend I went to a fall bazaar and was confronted with an uncomfortable situation involving some of the parties mentioned above and my 45 year old self went into the car and hid and cried. So much for trying to act like a grown up and take my own advice. After that I decided that if she needed to cry or be upset about some of the situations arising that I was just going to let her own those emotions.
I do remember my middle school as being a time of challenges with friends... and Stef remembers it being a little iffy too.
Then, pretty much everything actually worked out anyway.. How's that for being super vague? But it did without me intervening... so lesson learned... I don't need to manage it all... I just need to listen and let her figure it all out.
I thought that after 5 kids I would have all this figured out... but I don't.
The other news is that I'm not friends with the police anymore. I felt like I had a pretty good professional relationship with the cops through the years.. I mean I totally get them coffee and let them sit in the good chairs if they are in the ER. And I have always had a friendly repore (spelling) with Earl through the years... as in he would pull me over and then we would have some friendly discussions about what he felt I was doing wrong. But he never actually ticketed me. Bless him. But recently I was pulled over in a local sting and they ticketed me for talking on my cell phone. Now the Po Po are everywhere. Today I swerved while merging and there was a cop watching and I ran into 2 others within 10 minutes. I feel like they are out to get me..even though they aren't. So that friendship is over....(:
Tonight we did math and tried on homecoming dresses and also watched a DVD of grandpa Lynn that Aunt Michelle had sent us. We got pretty choked up watching him talk about his life. It's so hard to believe that he is really gone. That man was a really great friend to so many.
I did make a new friend this week! So that is super exciting. Hopefully she didn't think I was too crazy.
Friends.. we are so grateful for the ones that bless our lives. I love all the little people that my girls have been friends with from their childhood until now. I'm thankful that they love and support my girls. I hope that they know they are always welcome at our home.. and that I've taught my kids to befriend those that are lonely and need friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment