Friday, September 4, 2015

Totally random musings

In honor of my completely disorganized state of life at the moment I'm going to post some disorganized thoughts that I had this week.


Suddenly I noticed that all the way home from Utah (we have made the trip 3 times this month) there are gorgeous clusters of wild sunflowers. These are everywhere! Did I just never pay attention before ? Has someone been planting sunflowers on highways? If you are making a long trip from Utah to Idaho or Oregon do you notice sunflowers everywhere too?


I like Maverick gas stations. As far as rest/pit stops it's hard to go wrong there. Drinks and good toilets.


Food storage oatmeal really does last 20+ years. I opened a can from 1994 ish and used it on top of some peach crisp. No one got violently ill although it was like chewing cardboard. And my friend said her mom made a loaf of bread from 30 year old wheat and it was very good.


Kris and I danced at my niece Cassandra's wedding. I hate to brag but we can really cut a rug. It was super fun to dance! Usually I just sit at the table and watch people dance. I'm glad we jumped up and boogied.


I've been working a lot. 60+ hours last pay period ( which is way above my scheduled 24). I've been saying no a little more when I'm called about extra shifts. It feels good.


Amanda is loving middle school and Brooke cheers at her first home game tonight.

Everyone else is far away at college but always in my thoughts.

And we managed to get all of another term of college all paid for.

Kris is painting rooms for girls, working hard and fishing some.

I'm doing more yoga, drinking more water and cleaning.


The end

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke