Thursday, March 3, 2016

March



Hailey has been talking about dying her hair brunnette for about 6 months. When daughters want to change hair color very little can be done to stop it. So nothing was done. And the dying happened. And it looks great.


Hailey has also made dinner 3 nights in a row. We had twice baked potatoes tonight. They were fabulous.


I have not done anything for 3 or 4 days. Except move from the couch to the bed. And apply vicks vapor rub to my chest. And cough. And use my inhaler. I have been on the internet a lot. Because that doesn't involve much actual physical exertion. And I listened to a 30 minute podcast today about various theories involved in the new Star Wars plot. As I was listening to two 30 year old dad's wonder about Rey's parentage and how much Mark Hamill was paid to appear in the movie for 30 whole seconds, I thought to myself... I've really got to get a grip. I have a wedding 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY.


Then I looked in the mirror and noted the circles under my eyes and took some more Nyquil and went to bed.


I also watched several episodes of Fuller House. They were strangely addicting. Although I must say, they were probably too adult for the younger kids. It's sad how protective I was when my kids were young and now that they are junior high/ high school... I am protective.. but let's just say... The stuff they are exposed to on a daily basis at the high school make Fuller House look like Barney.

But back to March.

On the To Do List.

-Get Healthy so I can get back into full scale planning mode

-Get another Job so I can Afford the Dog's new Food.

Oh my Goodness! The poor dog. After much research we have decided that the dog is suffering from Doberman Liver Disease. Doberman liver disease is just what happens to Adult Female Doberman's who eat a normal dog diet which is too high in Copper or something. So if you are lucky enough to catch the symptoms early and pay your vet 500 dollars to resuscitate your furry friend... Then they too will be placed on a lovely liver diet. This diet will have your poor pooch needing therapy because the food is disgusting. And expensive. The first stages were in a can. One can in the morning and one can at night. But now we have transitioned to the dry food liver diet. And it is Sixty Seven Dollars a Bag. So the dog is now eating 3 and 1/2 cups a day. No more, and no less. The dog has definitely lost weight. But for this price... I'm not sneaking it extra food. So it is frantic for more food... and depressed when offered none. But strangely, healthier.

-Spend less time on the internet

-Get my sewing done

-Finalize my exciting outfit for the big day--The quest for the mother of the Bride Dress Continues. The other day while searching the internet in another flu induced haze of confusion I came upon a website of truly hideous designs. It was like Endora from Bewitched meets I Dream of Jeannie. And I had the horrible fleeting thought that maybe rather than fight against the powers that be that really want me to look hideous on that day, I should just embrace them and really really try to look over the top? Think Long Flowy Gauzy looks and Turbans.... Clashy, clashy fabrics ...

Speaking of which.. Also when I was searching the internet while on the couch hacking away I read that they are remaking My Big Fat Greek Wedding.


So Basically This post is about how I have been DOING NOTHING.

Even though I have a good excuse which is I'm sicker than a dog... I need to

STOP PROCRASTINATING AND GET THINGS WRAPPED UP AND FINALIZED WHICH I PLAN TO DO

RIGHT AFTER I.........

---------insert anything here---------------------



This post was brought to you by Nyquil.

And the Flu



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke