This has been a difficult month. For a lot of reasons... but mainly because it was the end of a beautiful life. A life that lasted 107 years!
Kris's Grandma died this week. She was the oldest woman in Utah. We are happy/sad. Happy that she is finally with her beloved husband and parents and family but sad that she is separated from us and especially from her daughter. Happy that she is free from her body that was wearing out but sad that we can't see her anymore. If anything, we have had a very long goodbye.
We have visited at least a few times a year since she turned 100. After that amazing milestone we kind of thought every good bye would be the last... but it never was. So now she is really gone. It is always somewhat of a proud moment when you announce to friends and acquaintances that your grandmother is 107. No one can up you on that one. I will miss talking about her amazing ness. I will miss bragging that the governor honored her every summer as a centenarian.. That she was featured on the news. I will miss talking with her and her stories and her beautiful head of white hair.
Sunday was the Primary Program. I was leading the music for this, since that is my new calling. I absolutely love being the Primary Chorister. Sometimes it surprises me when all 3 hours of church is over so quickly. Mainly because while the rest of you all are steeped in heavy doctrine I'm just singing my guts out with kids. I have heavily practiced the program songs with the kids until they pretty much know them inside and out. I had words on posters and flip charts thanks to other nice ladies. So I stood on the pew in the middle of the congregation so the kids could see me and I could lead them. I know this is a little unconventional .. but I think it is done in some wards. And it's not like I'm 6"2. Anyway... the program begins and I stand up on the pew and lead the kids through the first song. Afterwards I sit down and cute kids speak in the microphone. Then my kids pass me a note. It says, "Mom can you please not stand up there!" Apparently, at least one of them was mortified that their 46 year old mom was standing on the pew to lead the kids. This made me feel sad and I shrunk a bit. But I could not stop because I had practiced it with the kids and leaders that way and I had them singing LOUDLY and with power. So with each song I stood again, on the pew.
The closing song was Armies of Helamen. I had the kiddos sing the first verse, the missionaries sing the 2nd and then the congregation joined in on the third. The Primary hit it really hard every chorus. It was a really powerful end to the program and I felt like the Spirit really was strong.
So that was a positive.
This week I have worked every day... as per my new awful schedule which shall be this way forever until another nurse gets trained.
Some days I'm only there an hour... some days 8... and occasionally I have a 12 hour night. So far I am making it.
Brooke got her braces off today.
And that's the way the world turns.

No comments:
Post a Comment