Thursday, October 20, 2016
A Happy Memory That Caught Me By Surprise
About a week ago I decided to make a pie. This hardly ever happens. Ever. But for some reason I decided to bake a pie. I didn't use the pie crust I usually use, I used the pie crust on the crisco label. Which must be the recipe that my mom used to use.
I enlisted Amanda's help and we set about rolling out the dough and fitting it into the pan.
At that particular moment I had a flashback. I was suddenly taken back to a time when I was very, very young and my mom was making pies. She used to roll out the left over crust and cut it into strips and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Then she would bake it about 10 minutes and let us eat the sticks.
The memory caught me so off guard that I laughed to myself. I was so happy to remember it! It was like a little present to myself. I decided to make them with Amanda. So we rolled them out together after doing the pie. Then after they baked we ate the yummy pastry sticks.
I enjoyed the pie, and the cinnamon sticks. But the memory of my mommy and my childhood was the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment