Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Unity
I wrote this post a week ago and then shelved it, because I thought it was cheesy. But when I came back to it today I like it. So here it is a week late, with some updates.
10/30
This week has flown by so fast. Literally I have to just be amazed at all that we did.
We enjoyed traveling to Utah and being at our niece's wedding. She is such a delight. Just the best girl ever. She has always been a favorite of my girls and she had all of them in her wedding. It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed laughing and sharing their happiness. Sunday we visited Dan and his family and played the funniest game called telestrations. We went from a wedding to the funeral of Gma Payne. It was also a beautiful day. I played Claire De Lune. Sometimes I get very nervous before I play. I thought about all of those people out in the congregation and about grandma. I didn't want to disappoint her. She was a person that wanted things a very certain way. But as I walked up to the piano I felt like she was telling me that it was ok and that she and grandpa were happy and that I would be able to play something they would enjoy. From the service to the burial it was a good time to share our memories. My other niece wrote a song that was very sweet that she shared at the graveside. The rain poured and poured that day. I wondered about that ...
Anyway.. we ate at the church after and almost immediately left for home. We drove and drove and arrived at 2am. I slept some and Kris slept some and we took turns driving. We both got up at 6am and left for work.
The rest of the week we stayed busy working and going to activities. I performed in my harp recital. Amanda finished up her volleyball season. Brooke cheered in the last home football game and danced and stunted.
There was a big verdict in the case that had consumed our town in January. It was a surprise. At the Friday football game the news was trying to get people's reactions. Most of us were hiding from the news people ... We just want it to go away.
And that brings me to the title of my post. Unity.
Our Stake and Ward is pushing the theme of unity. Think about the times we live in. The huge ugliness on all sides of all issues.
The race for president..
Even though there is tension, disagreement and dischord all around.. we can still have unity in our families and in our lives.
Because you don't have to agree with people to love them.
Thank goodness.
11/08....
Reading this today makes sense to me because we as a nation are going to need to come together. It can't be us against them. We can't be mean and ugly to people who don't agree with us. We have to be kinder, less nasty. I have never had a feeling like I felt this year voting. It was almost a feeling of despair.
Today I had a day off. It was so nice! I went to the hair salon and had my grey hair colored. I sent my brother a birthday card. I took a few deep breaths.
Mondays are always awesome for me because I get emails from Hailey Mae. It always makes the day better, always.
She is doing well and we are so grateful for that.
I also got some other fun emails. My dad emailed me that he had collected some old shoes for my grand dogs when they come and visit. For some reason this made me cry because it was so sweet.
I love my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment