Monday, May 1, 2017
May
It's been a crazy couple of weeks and here are some fun things we've been doing..
--Amanda has been getting taller and is a hurdler for track
--Brooke is running again for an FFA chapter office. She gave a great speech this week.
She also went to Prom with her good friend. They both wore cowboy boots.
--Hailey's birthday is coming up so we sent off a package to her. (Which apparently she opened early!!) Hope that she enjoys her day with nice people and rings in her 20th in style.
--Shelby finished her semester with good grades and is staying on for Spring.
--Stef and Glen are having good times in Boise and we enjoy seeing them every few months or so.
The youth had a big auction/luau that we were involved in. Brooke served for it and we donated some baked goods. I had made some really lovely peanut blossom cookies. They were sitting quietly on the front seat of my vehicle when I braked and they deposited themselves all over the floor. I did not bring them. Luckily Kris had bought a pie from a mennonite lady in town and so we brought that. If I was going to change religions (which I have no plans to do) the only one I would consider would be mennonite so I could cook better. Grandpa arrived in time to attend the luau with us and sample the roasted pig.
I've been enjoying working a little bit less and this weekend I was able to enjoy this nice visit from Grandpa Jim. He fixed a bunch of things around our house that needed repair. We went and saw a movie together. Amanda and Kris did some shooting with him. We also had dinner at the truck stop after taking pictures of the prom people.
I hemmed some prom dresses. I only did 3 this year. Brooke liked hers, her other friend like hers and the 3rd I think might have been a fail.. but I don't charge anyone who asks me and I do my best. So what can you do.
Saturday a group of ladies and myself tried to go out to our friend's memorial. She ended her life last year up in a pretty remote area. We tried to get there by driving and then
h
hiking in the middle of nowhere. Out in the sagebrush is a beautiful large juniper tree that has a cross on it in memory of her. We looked pretty silly trying to find it. And we never did. Which was pretty funny come to think of it.. And I think she would have laughed watching us old ladies hike through the brush huffing and puffing finding nothing.
Trucker visited the vet this week. She has been having bouts of incontinence. We followed her around the yard trying to get her to pee in a tin cup. This was super unsuccessful. Then she had some blood drawn and they gave her new pills. She is getting a little expensive. But between her special diet and the pills she should live a bit longer while not dribbling pee on my carpet. And maybe my house will smell less like an old folks home/ barn.. Amazingly Amanda was able to collect the pesky urine sample in a mason jar later in the week.
May is going to be a really fun month. I am planning an amazing experience and I CAN'T WAIT for it. Plus I get to skip Mother's Day ... And really... What could be better? Playing hooky from my least favorite Sunday of the year. 2017 ... Is really rocking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment