


It's so fun to see new places! It's more fun to see places with people you love! I am so lucky. I was able to take a break for a week and travel, JUST ME and my brother. My brother travels all over for his work. This time I got to tag along. I enjoyed talking with him and laughing with him.
I flew 2 planes to get to Detroit. Then I got to spend a little time with the nephews. That was a blast. Although, I am not in shape enough to play as much tag as they would have liked! After spending a fun evening there, we woke up and got ready to board the train. We took a train to Chicago where we had some amazing deep dish pizza and took a picture in front of the Bean.
That night we rode the train to Memphis. We had a sleeper car and I was on the top bunk. I squoze (is that a word) into my little space and then the train lulled me to sleep. When I woke up we were there! We stayed in the Peabody hotel which is famous for its ducks. The ducks march to the fountain every morning and play all day. Then they march back to their duck home up on top of the hotel every evening. We visited the National Civil Rights Museum which is the actual spot where Martin Luther King was shot. It was a great museum. We walked around and then ate ribs.
Tuesday I took the train to New Orleans. Jared had to fly to a meeting in between so he was gone for a day. I rode the train with some very enthusiastic grandmas who were going to gamble. Mostly I slept. We stopped in Mississippi for a break. Then we made it to New Orleans in the evening. That night we ventured along Bourbon Street and Canal Street and took in the people watching. I had some yummy shrimp and grits.
Wednesday we walked all around again and got Beignets at Cafe Dumond. Beignets are a pastry that are to die for. We went along the river and watched the Natchez steamboat and more people. We walked in the French Quarter.
Thursday while my brother had presentations I went exploring and walked to the World War 2 Museum. It was amazing. I spent four hours there! I watched several films and visited exhibits. There were several real planes from the war suspended by cables. It was a great museum. I ate lunch there and walked back to the hotel. Then we went to Emeril's restaurant and had a nice dinner.
Friday I was really feeling adventurous. While the bro was doing work stuff again, I took a bus to the zoo! I visited the aquarium first, which I walked to, and then rode the bus.. I was feeling super confident! I enjoyed just wandering around and looking at the crocodiles, the flamingos and other wildlife. I got an ice cream cone... Then I rode the bus back and had another walk around the town this time buying some souvenirs.
Saturday I took a walking tour of the Garden District. It was a fun tour around the above ground cemetery located near the wealthier mansions in town. We also went in a house from the Civil War Era. After I said goodbye to Jared, I started my journey home. 2 planes and a 3 hour drive later.. I was home!
I'm glad to be home. But the water heater is out and the pipes in the front lawn are a mess.
Such is life!
No comments:
Post a Comment