Monday, December 11, 2017
Grateful
I am grateful for many things this year.
I have gotten in way better touch with my tear ducts. I fear that they felt neglected and underused and I am glad that I have exercised them lately. I feel much more tender about things in general. If you want to get in touch with your tear ducts.. I recommend these songs....
Anchor by Mindy Gledhill (also good for falling asleep during stressful times)
Remember Me from the movie Coco
Claire De Lune
You'll Be In My Heart from the Lion King
I Don't Know My Name by Grace VanderWaal....purely because I heard it played on the ukelele 100 times by my kid.
I am grateful for the kindness of people's service. I am deeply grateful in a beyond thank you note heartfelt way. (that didn't make sense but I'm too tired to write thank you notes)
I am thankful for family and Netflix and Root Beer floats, and for watching Dr. Blake while sitting in between my parents.
And I'm thankful that my parents never turn up their heat. They just add a lot of blankets to the situation.
I am just grateful period for my parents.
For nephews just learning to walk that need to be rocked to sleep.
For mother in laws who alleviate worry with generous gifts and sister in laws who send blanket scarves.
For friends who cook meals and clean houses.
For brothers that like GIF's.
For all the little things that I take for granted.
But mostly for hope. Because when we have hope in a better tomorrow.. we can get through a whole lot of crappy todays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment