By far the hardest thing I have ever done is be a parent.
It has been the most beautiful work of my life.. but the most terrifying.. and the thing that I struggle the most with on any given day because it is the only work in my life that really matters.
Right now we are battling some unique challenges. If you are a family member or close friend, you probably know some of the details. We so appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts that have been shared with us. We are confident that better days are ahead and that we can successfully navigate this latest glitch.
Because really, the biggest things you teach as a parent are how to fail. How to get up after you get knocked down and keep going. How to rise again. How to handle disappointment. Let me say that again, how to handle disappointment.
Nobody is really reading this, but if they were and I could make a difference ... I would tell all new parents and all the young parents to stop trying to make it all perfect. Stop. It won't help your kid. Let it be how it is and then help them deal with it. Learning to deal with it inspires confidence that they will be ok.
At the end of the day, my job as a parent is to give them HOPE.
Hope that they can navigate their challenges, successfully and that I will be there every step of the way. That we don't give up...
How was that for a super vague, kindof wierd, inspiring, sappy yet slightly creepy blog post.
Sorry, my emotions are kindof all over the place.
Did I highlight some of the awesome stuff we are doing?
--Brooke was on HOCO court and went to the dance with some great friends (pose by the trailer)
--Brooke went to FFA Nationals in Indiana this week after finding her ID 2 seconds before the whole group left for the airport.
---I got to meet and hold my favorite miracle baby
---Amanda is inspiring me with her motivation
--Stefani and Shelby continue to be the BEST BIG SISTERS
Nothing makes a mom happier than kids that love each other.
I performed in my harp recital and my Primary kids rocked their program.
And that's the way the cookie is crumbling over here.
No comments:
Post a Comment