Happy New Year! One would not know it is New Years around here. I have left all of the holiday decor up. I still have the tree the advent calendar and every wreath I own up. The stockings are all still hung from the chimney with care. It is not bothering me at all. Not even one little bit. Usually by now, I want everything cleaned up and the next season's decor ready to go... But this year, I am happy to have it all there ready and waiting for those I love to be home.
It has made me realize that holidays and other times are really about people .. and when they aren't there... there is a big hole.
Hailey Mae comes home from her mission on February 7th! It is so close. She really is the one that requested us to leave the decorations up. She has shopped for post mission clothes and has emailed various plans for her post mission life. 2018 will be a big year for her. We don't know exactly what she will do.. but I'm sure it will be just right for her.
I enjoyed being with my mom on her 70th birthday. We were able to go out to dinner and watch her open gifts. I have been able to help babysit my nephews. My littlest nephew Cal isn't sure if he likes me yet. He thinks I'm funny and entertaining if he can still see his grandma. When I take over for mom, he gets a little upset. Wil is starting to know my name and he and I can play together. One of the great things is spending so much time in Portland lately, I've really gotten to know my nephews and also enjoyed the most time with my parents in about 30 years ... or maybe since I was the only child at home 47 years ago!
I am currently simultaneously reading about 14 books. For some reason I went many months without being able to focus or concentrate on anything. Now that I'm back in the groove, I am reading with a vengeance. But I'll read a few chapters and then move on to another book. There is a big stack next to my bed.
Shelby went back to school and I find myself really missing her.
Brooke is playing very well this season in basketball. She made 4 points last night playing one of our big rivals.
I can't think of anything else exciting to post.. but I wanted to blog because it makes me feel normal. And I could use some of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment