Sunday, August 26, 2018

Mama Mia

The last two weeks were a whirlwind of activity and emotions.

Brooke and I loaded up all her possessions and trekked down to Utah for the start of her college experience. She needed to go early to attend her orientation. We arrived on a Friday and stayed at Grandma's house. We are so grateful to Grandma Shirley for letting us stay and for the way she takes care of our college crew. We were able to do lots of things in Utah...

We.......
---shopped at Walmart for apartment essentials
---exchanged bridesmaid dresses for appropriate sizes
---used gift cards for other college necessities
---put on a fun bridal shower for our soon to be bride
---found a Mother of the bride dress!!!! (miracles happen)
---went on drives
---visited with Aunt Sheryl and our cousins
---had my car detailed by my awesome nephew
---visited our wedding venue and planned our set up
---shopped shopped shopped and shopped
---saw some movies
---spent time with our cute engaged couple
---hung out with Hailey Mae
---attended a wedding reception for Glen's brother


I found myself getting just a little bit emotional.... for instance I cried through Mama Mia 2. Not that it isn't a cute show... but I sobbed through the part where the mom sings to her new baby.

I also cried during church when they sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again.

After I said good bye to Brooke I drove to Boise and spent the night with Stef, Glen and my little sunshine man Zeke. Nothing like holding a precious little guy to brighten up your life.

Also on the way home I picked up our friend Patrick's mom to spend a few days with us. We showed her some sights and sounds of Burns.

Now it is just Kris and I and Amanda. While I was in Utah they took a trip to McCall and enjoyed some time there with family.

We are starting high school tomorrow. Our eyebrows are waxed, our hair is cut, our make up is ready to apply and we have several really sharp outfits to wear.

Although we have had several high schoolers, we have never had an Amanda High Schooler.

I'm sure it will be a wild ride.


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke