It is extraordinarily hard when your child is bullied by their peers, their teammates or people that should be sticking up for them. (church friends) Especially if you have a child that struggles because of an illness or a something that makes them different.
I guess you could call all of this meanness character building. Everyone has a story of childhood angst or a memory of being picked on. It is almost a rite of passage. An unnecessary rite, but a rite all the same of our world. Most people overcome and move on... They develop resilience and strength... or they at least survive. But what about the ones who don't? Those precious kids that don't.
This isn't to say that I don't recognize that my kids can be mean. I think it is natural consequence of immaturity that sometimes kids don't relate in ways that are appropriate. That is a given. But I hope that I call them on it. I know that I call them on it. That if I see something, I say something. That I teach kindness.
Mostly I am glad that my girls have a set of people that have their backs. I'm talking about their sisters. I have seen them bolster each other in amazing ways. I am so happy that my girls are friends. I am thrilled that when they struggle there are 4 other people their age or slightly older...that they can call or text for unconditional love. Because I am not going to be around forever... (Thank goodness)..... That they do this for each other without my prompting is a total and complete blessing to me. Your siblings are the people that your share the most time with on the earth.
That's pretty cool.
Did you know there is actually a day called "Mean Girl's Day"?.... it is a day named after a Movie that was written because it is so common to have experiences with Mean Girls.. It is just a given.
OK Rant over.
To summarize...
Life is Hard
People are Mean
Family Has Your Back
THE END
No comments:
Post a Comment