Thursday, February 28, 2019
Uber and Tennessee
I spent the last week in Tennessee where I babysat my grandson. His mommy was at a conference and so he was available to play. His little life at 7 months old is filled with wonder and learning. It is a sweet rhythm of feeding and napping and exploring.
He is totally dependent on the adults in his life. But he seems to know that they all love him exquisitely. He is a happy guy.
He loves crawling and trying to stand. He likes cords, door stoppers and TV remotes. He also likes to suck on cell phones.
He drinks breastmilk or formula like a champ from the bottle or breast. He doesn't care much for baby food.
When I arrived in Tennessee I needed to find the AirBNB where they were staying and somehow get there. So I uploaded the Uber app onto my phone. It was like discovering a new world. A very helpful world. You tell Uber your address you need to go to and then a driver near by locks in and responds. Suddenly your phone alerts you to the name of the driver and the time they will be picking you up. I guess in Nashville multiple Uber drivers hang out next to the airport waiting for people.. so the minute I told Uber I needed a ride... he was 3 minutes away. I was not exactly 3 minutes away from where he would pick me up. I was running through the airport trying to find the exact pick up spot. Luckily after asking an airport worker and calling the Uber guy on the phone.. we met up.
I was able to figure out Uber enough to get a few rides back and forth during the week.. Even with the baby. The nice thing about Uber is there is no cash exchange. It is all done online through your phone. This made me feel safer.
I also used Grub Hub. Grub hub is where you order food online and a driver delivers it to you. It made being at the airbnb without a car and an infant doable. I only did it twice but it was a nice treat. The other meals I snacked on groceries in the house.
Mainly I relaxed with my little buddy. This meant I napped... ALOT. It was completely tranquil. Feeding the baby a bottle in the crook of my arm and then as he drifted off into slumber ... I would also find myself totally relaxed and catching up on zzzz's. I loved the feeling of just existing in his little world without any worry of my usual long list of to dos. That is grandparenthood. Being available for the fun and the cuddling without needing to stress about the day to day.
Of course I think he is the smartest baby in the universe! He can STAND. He will stand for several minutes at a time! Unaided! He thinks he is pretty amazing when doing this.
His hair is a soft fuzzy brownish red.
I traveled home on Sunday... via two flights and a long drive. It was a welcome vacation. I also enjoyed seeing my oldest daughter. One night we were all laying there together. Stef, me and Zeke. We were sitting shoulders touching and he was in her arms. He suddenly looked at both of us with his big big eyes. It was precious. I want to remember it always.
I love being a Mimi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment