Saturday, July 27, 2019

Girls Camp

This year I volunteered to be the girls camp nurse for 3 days. This turned out to be a really awesome way to be a camper. The nurse's cabin is the bomb. It has a MATTRESS on the bed. (The poor campers only have wooden bunks and they have to bring lots of padding for under their sleeping bags. It also has a toilet and a shower!!! I was living in luxury while the rest of the camp was using the latrines and community showers.

I also had a refrigerator!

Most of the camp emergencies were bee stings. I also had a small cut to someones toe. I dispensed a few doses of Tylenol, Benadryl, and Ibuprofen. I let some campers rest and applied an ice pack or two. It was pretty mellow.

When there was nobody to doctor up I rested in the nurses cabin and read books. I also sunned myself a little. I got to eat meals with the campers and they had some amazing meals! They had tacos, and teriyaki chicken bowls, and amazing breakfasts. The camp is literally on the lake so when I wasn't busy I also went down to the lake and watched the girls canoe and swim.

At night they had camp songs and skits. It was pretty fun.

Girls camp ended Thursday morning and then I drove home. The older kids stayed and did a missionary encampment experience. It was pretty funny watching the girls demeanor change once the boys hit the camp. They had all showered and taken a little extra time with their appearance. There was hair flicking and giggling... and from the adults a lot of eye rolling. Amanda had not signed up for this part... but after a few minutes of checking out the boys she suddenly made a plea to stay. We were able to arrange that and she stayed while I drove a car load of campers home.

I hope she had a great time... I know that I did!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke