It feels kindof like we are living in an alternate reality these days. I went shopping for groceries the other night and I could not find hand sanitizer anywhere. Finally I bought the last 2 bottles at the dollar store. I wonder to myself... what are people doing with all of this? Are we really cleaning our hands like crazy or just hoarding the stuff? Welcome to CoronaVirus 2020. Now that we have lived through SARS, Ebola, H1N1 and the like, it is hard to get fanatical about another pandemic. I did travel to China circa SARS and I remember the hysteria. We had to be temperature scanned at every airport... and masks were abundant. We almost didn't get to go. I quarantined myself in the house for 2 weeks after the trip. Now that we are in an actual emerging scarier pandemic it feels almost surreal. This is really the first time we have had the internet and social media for a big scare and people are losing their ever loving minds. It is next level.
I only have a few goals for the next few weeks, other than staying alive and they are... to see my new grand daughter born and to get through my 50th birthday.
This week was interesting. I got to travel to Portland to see my mom and help a bit after her hip surgery. It is humbling to see your parents get a little bit older and have to have big procedures to help them stay mobile. My mom is very healthy normally and doesn't take a lot of medication. She and my dad are very active and still do so much for all of us. I wish I could have stayed longer but it was fun to visit with them and watch a lot of Fox News. They were getting by just fine but it made me feel good to check on them and help a bit. On the way home I went to Stake Conference. There was less attendance I think just by virtue of people's fears of the virus but about half way through a kid pulled the fire alarm and that was that. There was a mass exodus out doors and then we had to wait for the fire department... so the meeting abruptly ended. Did these things happen in the 1970's?... I don't remember them happening. I remember being scared to go to the bathroom in church. I would have been mortified to pull the fire alarm... but that was just me.
Other things I want to remember this week...
Words Zeke Knows:--Mimi, ba ba, bubble bath, cheese, uh huh, wing, wee!, ball, daddy, momma, puppy, moo, rahr.
Back to a little worrying about the virus. Here are a few random thoughts... I feel like the virus will be thwarted or we will lose all our temple workers. The high risk group is 80 and above... which is all the temple helpers. I also feel like maybe in the summer it will peter out. If I get it and have to go into quarantine I am going to binge watch some Netflix.
If I worry about it enough... maybe it will go away.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment