Monday, February 17, 2020

February


We have had a busy few weeks since February started. We mostly go to basketball, coach basketball or watch basketball. OR Work. We did have a chance to put on a baby shower for our Shelby last weekend. That was really fun and I think she enjoyed being celebrated...Shelby is having a baby girl in March. We are so excited. We had a pink themed shower that we did at the church. I had pink tulips, pink table cloths, pink cookies, and some fun pink banners. For a game we used snot suckers (bulb syringes) to suck marshmallows up and put them into baby bottles. The team that was able to get the most marshmallows in their baby bottle won. Shelby got some fun things for little baby Jennifer. Zeke attended too and played games with his little friend.

Speaking of babies.... I had the chance to babysit for a week the first week of the month while my friends were in Disneyland. The baby I watched was a mere 7 weeks old. She was just a little thing. She ate every 3 hours and needed changed about the same amount. There was lots of burping involved and also snuggling. Mainly we watched a lot of TV. Here are the netflix shows we watched together. Call the Midwife, Father Brown, and When Calls the Heart... on Hulu we watched Four Weddings, Say Yes to The Dress, Dance Moms, Golden Girls and Brady Bunch. And on Sling we watched... Chopped. I wore the same clothes for about 4 days. Luckily I was able to keep her alive. She sleeps in a special little bed and gets swaddled twice. Once in a blanket and then in a swaddler with velcro. I didn't have all of this technology to swaddle with so I had to watch some You Tube videos on applying the velcro swaddler. It gets them in there pretty tight. Mostly we did fine at night except I was a little nervous so I would wake up and check her a lot. One night I didn't burp her enough and so she spit up a whole lot through her nose. Then I was really nervous and slept with her on my chest and had Kris give her a blessing. After that we did really well! I really really love her.

I also have been doing lots of traveling to other wards for my new Stake calling. Mostly I try to look official, friendly and not be inappropriate. It's hard. I went to one ward conference after working a night shift. Luckily I had a driver and a small nap. When I arrived I applied a lot of eye liner. When I apply eye liner people think I have slept. Also blush. When I don't, people ask me if I am tired. Which as I have explained before is code for, You look really bad. Anyway, I had on my eye liner and I worked very hard at staying awake and not being silly. I only have to be there for the most part. I had a small speaking part which I did muddle through.

This weekend we had our nephew come visit. He is living in Bend and drove over. To celebrate his coming we drug him around to basketball games and then took him to dinner. All of the kids that live in Idaho made the trip over to see him too. This was fun but makes me miss Hailey Mae. I also made him lasagna on Sunday.


Looking ahead to March we are highly anticipating our new little Jennifer... as well as my 50th birthday. Also I hope to make it to my Mom's to see her.


Coming up soon.... Colonoscopy...

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke