Tuesday, January 28, 2020

January 74th

I saw a post on facebook that stated that it was January 74th. I feel like January is a very very long month. It just isn't super exciting, except in our family we do enjoy the birthday celebrations that we get to have throughout the month. But otherwise it is just a long, cold, boring month.

I have been working ALOT. Mainly because I have a serious goal to knock out debt. I have been doing a decent job of this. But I still need to keep my life in balance. The never ending quest.

I was driving into work this morning when I heard the song by Ace of Base ... "I Saw the Sign". I am super grateful for the ability a song has to transport me back in time. This song takes me back to moving across the country with my little Stefani. We did a lot of head bopping to that song in 1994 as we rode in the UHaul towards Iowa. I remember her bright little face and huge eyes. The way she paid attention to everything. Just like her little son. They have such a similarity that I decided to make him a book just like the book I made way back in the day. It is just a little dollar store book with photos of people he loves. Of course I put myself on page 2. He is so smart and can thumb through the book and point to the various photos and yell, "Mimi!" and "Drampa!" and "Jesus!".

Our little 90's book had President Hinkley in it. Shelby called him Grandma Hoinkley. Shelby had awesome vocabulary like lets watch a "WOOVIE".. and I wanna go to "HICKDONALDS" and lets cut our "HINGYNAILS". If I had a song for my Shelby it would be Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. Shelby was quite the basketball stud and having her come onto the court to that song is a memory I love.

Anyway. Those were some of my thoughts today. On January 74th.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke