Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Dopamine

Sometimes you find something on the internet that you can really relate to.  For me this week it was a chart that my cousin posted.  It was about the way that things we do can give us the chemicals that we need to feel well.  One of the things I like to do most is to make to do lists and complete tasks.  The act of checking something off really makes me feel better.  It turns out that Completing A Task is a way to increase Dopamine!  Other ways to increase dopamine are Doing Self Care Activities, Eating Food and Celebrating Little Wins.  

I did not know this .. So it gave me a little validation or explanation as to why this is motivating to me. 


Here is my latest to do list:

--Finish sewing projects

--Amanda's driving test with 3rd party next week

--Finish, print and send buyer letters for fair

--Amanda knowledge test at DMV (yeah a license will then be earned)

--re up insurance plans for year

--make chocolate chip cookies for dad


We enjoyed another trip to see our cute grandkids.  Zeke has a really astounding vocabulary.  He also is pretty funny.  He likes to "build a tower" (blocks that he then knocks over) and "make a tent"  (blanket fort that he wants everyone to squeeze into).  He also says fun things like, "drive to Mimi's house, play toys!" ... which of course makes me feel pretty special.   Jenny is squealing, cooing and grabbing things.  She likes to suck on her toes.  

Truly if I could have my way, I would sell everything and buy a little camper which I would then haul around to my kids houses .  I would just grandmother everyone. No one would need a babysitter because I would just provide this service.  


But unfortunately.... I still have to have employment.


Bummer.


I

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke