I only had a few goals for 2020. I have completed almost all of them! So now I can get Covid and it would be OK. Just kidding but not really.
I wanted to stay healthy enough to go to Montana on my fabulous trip with my dad! (which I did )
And I wanted to be able to go stay with my daughter when her baby was born.. (well 10 days later) but still I did it!
I just returned from a trip to see little Tripp and his brother and the parents and his cousin (who also live there). It was really fun. Tripp is super chill. He only cried a few times and actually those sounds were really only whimpers. He is good if you just feed him and change him. He will kind of just stare at you most other times. Or sleep...
Big brother was a little stressed. He wasn't quite sure about the whole change in his routine. He also was dealing with a lot of extra company. He is a fun guy. He likes to be in charge. Some funny things I want to remember.....
---he says no no no no instead of no
--he likes to build lego towers and add cars, fences and dinosaurs
--he doesn't like diaper changes. He will be super stinky and look at you and say "I keen!"
--he goes to the fridge and gets the chocolate milk and his bottle and comes to you for assistance
--he likes to choose his footwear .. which for most of the week was an old flip flop and mismatched tennis shoe
--he likes to go for walks to the park
--he really likes to watch Curious Goerge
--he thinks his dad is the bomb
--he sat with me and watched a guy build a shed for 30 minutes.. he was fascinated with the nail gun and the hammer and the way they were climbing ladders and measuring things
I also got to spend some time with Jenny. She loves baby food.. I mean loves it. I've never seen a kid eat it with such enthusiasm.
She also is super flexible and can chew on her toes in a yoga type move.
She loves to hear the sound of her voice. She squeals and jabbers and talks.
She is opinionated and will let you know if she is unhappy.
She is a morning person. Jenny is very happy at 0630am!!!!
Tripp is very dark skinned and has lots of soft black hair. He has beautiful eyes that are blue right now. It is crazy to me that I have 3 grandkids. It feels like I just had 1. No I have triple that!
I enjoyed spending time with Brooke and getting to see her new apartment and sleeping in the same room with her. She was my snor-o-meter and she would tell me when my snoring was bad.
On the way home I was really tired. I was driving and listening to music and the song Hey Ho came on. This song was one that Stef played on her banjo the last summer she lived at home. Kris and I would be in bed and we would hear her strumming and singing. It is a sweet memory. I was listening to it on my drive, crying and pondering how fast life is going. Just a little while ago she was playing her banjo in my house. Now she is a mommy of two little boys.
I need to prepare my seminary lesson for tomorrow. I am such a procrastinator and this is one calling you cannot procrastinate.....
No comments:
Post a Comment