Remember the last post when I said I could get the Covid? Well I guess that I really was ready for it because it happened. Happily we are on the upswing from the illness. It hits everyone so differently and for me it was a really hard time breathing and also a lot of fatigue. I am grateful that it wasn't worse. There were a few days where I was concerned . Luckily I had an oxygen monitor and so many wonderful people that were kind and delivered meals, care packages and most importantly Dr. Pepper.
I used a cocktail of mostly over the counter medications. I took Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Aspirin 325mg aday, Melatonin and also some Pepcid. I also puffed on my inhaler. At night I would sleep only on my stomach. This is called prone and it allows better expansion for my lungs. Kris had very minimal symptoms and Manda was negative throughout.
So here we are post experience.
Things we are still dealing with:
1. Fatigue. I am so tired all the time. I could quite literally nap... all day every day. I am not usually a huge ball of energy so this isn't a big big change but I can see it being a while before I am up to snuff.
2 Fear.. People are scared of the cooties. Today I was out of quarantine and went to Safeway. Literally no one talked to me and a few people ran from me. I"m not even joking. I wanted to say... I am probably the safest person you could be around. Because I am out of quarantine... but whatever. I am not quite sure how long this will last. ?
I also fear some of the long term complications I read about but mostly that isn't helpful.
I continue to wear the same 3 outfits I have worn since the year started at home... The blue bathrobe, the sweats outfit and occasionally jeans and a t shirt. I have not shopped for clothes in forever. Also at work I just wear scrubs.
Kris has spent quarantine and most of 2020 fishing. There are worse things.
We have also spent alot of time together in quarantine. They don't advise sharing bathrooms or living space but after awhile we decided sleeping together in the king size bed was ok and we watched several episodes of some of our favorite shows together. We like to watch Designated Survivor and The Great British Baking Show. Happily BYU football has had a phenomenal year and we have enjoyed watching this together too.
Today was our first day back for zoom seminary. We did ok with that too.
Getting photos from our kids and grandkids and Marco Polos from them and extended family we love is also keeping us going.
2020 has been a doozy. But we will survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment