Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Update

 Sorry that I have not update the blog in over a month...

March was a good month.  I turned 51 and it was pretty low key.  Friends at work bought me flowers and catered lunch and also got an ice cream cake.  They are super awesome.  My dear best friend also treated me to lunch at Mexican.  I am not loving getting older but it's pretty much the same as previous years except I have more lines on my face and my hair is getting more strands of silver.

We are really short nurses so I worked a whole lot in March.  This is about what I have been doing the past several years.  I am now one of the oldest nurses in my hospital and I have the most seniority.  They are doing a new management style where we will have 4 supervisors. I thought about applying but honestly I am a worker bee.  Not a manager.  I like to supervise myself and really not anyone else. I am a charge nurse but that is it.  Mainly that means I carry the big keys and the phone.  I make some day to day decisions but that is about it.

Kris took the men folk (son in laws) on a big fishing trip with his brothers.  This occurred in March.  They went to a place near Reno.  He has been talking about it and researching it forever.  He has always looked forward to the family annual trip.  Now it is occurring for  a new generation.  I am so happy for him to have this bond with the guys.  He will also do day trips with anyone willing.  And there is always someone willing.  

This gives me grandchild time when I help the mommies that are left behind.  I went to their house in March during the big trip and we had a lot of fun.  

Easter weekend the kids from Idaho came with their families and we all visited, fished, dyed eggs, hunted eggs and went to friends' for more partying.  I did a lot of cooking for me and am now resting up.

My worrying levels wax and wane.  Pandemics create all sorts of drama in your mind.  Before the actual pandemic I was probably one of the only people in January and February 2020 that worried that it would be bad.   Then in March of 2020 I worried if I would die of it and made out my will and gave Kris all my passwords.  As the year went on I just worried about how many patient's our hospital would get and would we be able to handle it.  In November when I got sick ... I worried about recovery, who I infected and would I have enough PTO or money to cover things.  When I recovered I worried about the shot.  Should I get it? Then after I got the shot....I had a brief period where I stopped worrying.  Now I am worried about reinfection. What if I got reinfected and got everyone sick. I convinced myself this weekend that I was getting symptoms.  Turns out I was at a house where there was a cat and I think I just was having serious allergies.  I am really allergic to cats. 

I spend probably 50% of my time worrying about something.  I know this is just part of my personality and challenges.  My friend Linda had a special word for it that use to make me laugh.

If you need someone to worry about your life... message me.  I can start worrying about it for you free of charge.  

Kris doesn't worry about things.  OK maybe that isn't true.  He admitted to me the other night that he does occasionally worry.  He just usually stops the worry and goes fishing. 

That is why he is good for me.  





No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke