Sunday, July 11, 2021

JULY

 It is about that time of the year that I really need a vacation.  I can tell this because I find myself getting a teensy tiny bit cranky.  

Examples of crankiness:  sending angry emails to people I work with

                                       thinking bad thoughts while I am doing laundry

                                      

Fortunately I do not drink alcohol.  I have a facebook friend who broke up with her boyfriend and then did some drunk posting. It was pretty entertaining.  I am glad I generally think before I post things.  


Anyway... I am excited to have my one vacation this year!   Coming up soon!  With my family! Boy do I need it.

June has been fairly Ok.  

Lots and lots of smoke though.  I am sad that I can't remember a summer in recent memory that didn't include several wildfires.  Yesterday we were in the path of some smoke from a wildfire several hundred miles away.  We were sitting out in the yard enjoying ice cream and ash from the wildfires was raining down on us.  

We had Father's Day with Shelby and Trent and Jenny.  They were super fun and we did some fishing/ lake adventuring.  

Also over the 4th of July we had Stefani, Glen and the boys come for a visit.  More fishing, swimming, and fun commenced.  Grandkids are our joy.  

Amanda turned 17 and we celebrated by eating steak in John Day.  We also walked around the park that included signs warning of rattlesnakes.

This week Hailey and Joe will come and pick up their new dog this week so we will get to see them.  

Brooke is doing really well being a life guard and is basically in charge of the pool and Amanda works in a local cafe and gives really good service to people. 

So our summer is not without it's good points.

But now I will wrap it up before I head off to work.... Again.  






No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke