Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Stepping it Up


 I am quite convinced that all I did from November to March was sleep. I was so exhausted. My body was fatigued from Covid and I just listened to it and I slept. If I worked I had a daily nap. If I didn’t work I had a daily nap. I went to bed early. I slept late when I could. 

As this year has evolved I realized I needed to somehow emerge from my hibernation. It was daunting.

A few months ago I read an article. It described how getting 7500 steps a day was really adequate and probably as effective in my age group as the 10,000 steps you hear about. 

So I started. I am now 54 days in and am averaging 7500 steps a day! I am really proud of myself. I do better with small measurable goals than big big unattainable ones. Some days I get in 10-12000 steps and others I only get 5000 but I keep my running average right at my goal. 

I am feeling small improvements. I am now only napping about once a week or less. I am feeling more stamina. 

Yeah for me!

I celebrated by buying these cool new shoes ! 

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke