Christmas 2021 was quiet and small. We had a nice dinner with friends Christmas Eve which is sort of a tradition. Our friend Sheryden took over hosting duties this year as this used to happen at Beth and Rob's house and they have moved into a smaller place. It is always nice to visit with dear friends and have the kids gather on the stairs for photos.
I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas. This is just Nursing life. Christmas morning was fun to watch our granddaughter open her gifts and get excited. She has a fun little squeal. We enjoyed Trent and Shelby and Jenny as our guests. I did a lot of sleeping but they did some fishing and sledding and I was able to sneak in some play time with Jen.
Jenny LOVES Elmo. I think it is cute that kids identify with characters. Zeke was always a Mickey Mouse fan. I'm not sure if Tripp has developed a favorite yet. Maybe that is for the 2nd year of life. She also really likes wipes. She will take them out one by one and wash her face and then wipe down things. She can entertain herself for hours with wipes.
Brooke came home and I had a fun time being Santa this year. Usually Kris does this duty but since he is wrapped up in all things coaching I took it on. I was able to get some nice things for the younger girls with Hailey's help when I was in Utah so that was good. I think everyone was pretty satisfied with their bounty which doesn't always happen.
We missed our favorite little boys and their parents this year but they are spending time in St George and also developing some nice traditions of their own. We always miss Hailey Mae too but we were all together at Thanksgiving.. I am learning that having adult children is hard. I love and miss them so much.
I also worked New Years Eve. Not much to say there except... I have very very entertaining hospital stories from New Years Eve which I technically cannot share. But as you may imagine... they all involve alcohol and stupidity. 2 things which keep hospitals open on years when there is no Covid.
We had a basketball tournament this last week. Kris is doing well for his first year and has a pretty winning record. He is very humble and is good at taking input from his players. He spends a lot of time watching film and analyzing plays. He hasn't even gotten a technical yet. I'm kindof hoping that happens.
Seminary starts again Monday and we are starting Old Testament. I like the Old testament.. I mean the stories are cool... like a woman turning into a pillar of salt, a man swallowed by a whale.... What is there not to like about all that drama.?... Job... makes Covid look wimpy.....Pharoah kindof like a mix between Putin and that North Korean guy... Leviticus and all the old rules for sacrifices is some great reading if you have insomnia bad. Pretty much the world was created and right away you had murder, and sin and had to have a flood to do a regroup. It is actually a cool book and I'm excited to teach it.
Last year I had a Self Care Planner. This was a good idea and was fun for about 4 months. I dutifully filled it out and tried to plan self care in every day. Basically what I do for self care is ..... drum roll..... take a lot of naps. So I didn't buy a planner for this year. I got tired of writing out how I was feeling each week and what I was going to do about it.
As I have explained in the past I am not good at resolutions. (Although I am still walking about 7500 steps a day!) So I tend not to set them. I would like to do some things this year though so here goes some ideas for making this next year fun...
1. I would like to go on a trip.... that includes a tropical destination
2. We want to take Amanda on a graduation trip
3. I want to see my grandkids as much as possible...
I would also love to win the lottery and retire. But that probably won't happen.
Mostly this year will be good if it incudes family. My brother is coming to the west this summer so I am excited to visit him!
2022... Cautiously optimistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment