Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Update 22



 2 years into this madness I find myself really tired of it all. The kids went to online learning again this week and sports while continuing are spectator free. I find myself really sad for the young people. 

We are having a spike in cases in our town , most of which aren’t super serious— luckily. 

I read somewhere that this is the most depressing time of the year and I have to agree. I find it harder to want to do things and to function in general. And I am just pretty apathetic to life.

Work is challenging. Mainly because as a dedicated employee of almost a quarter of a century I get to now work with people I have never met before who are making 3 times what I am. This is nursing now. While I would love to join those raking



it in as travelers I really enjoy my routine and the comfort of home.  I have found this week that one of my favorite things to do for a patient after surgery is help them put their shoes on. There is something so nice about serving people like this.  And many people old and groggy can’t quite get their shoes on. So bending down and assisting them with this simple task has been giving me joy.

Yesterday Kris’s team beat the number one team in the State! I am so proud of him! He is such a good coach and it’s only his first year! He has spent many years assisting others but this year he is the the head guy. He is patient and level headed. He has been yelled at by players and parents and he just calmly listens and also admits when he is wrong.  He practices with the kids and this week took an elbow to the face which resulted in a black eye! Talk about sacrifice! He is always trying to make things fun and to include all of the players.  Winning that game was a real feather in his cap.

Amanda is playing as a starter and she is a solid passer and smart player.  I am so glad they can be together for practices and games. She is a Senior and in just a few weeks my tenure as a sports parent will be over. I’m so sad! It has been one of my favorite parts of raising my girls.

Shelby and Trent and Jenny were able to come watch a game last weekend and we had a nice visit. Jenny loves books! I think having Stefani as a book lady and Shelby as a teacher all the kids have exposure to shelves and shelves of books and they love it. I probably spent at least 3 hours reading to her. Also we played the game where we look at all the pictures in the house and say the names of the people … Brooke, “Mana” , Mama , Jesus, … 

I think if you only know your mama and Jesus your life is ok.




No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke