We took Amanda down to BYU end of August. We packed her entire room. The car was loaded down and we barely all fit. It was sad to leave her there but her sister and grandma and aunts and lots of people are there to help and support her.
I did get to throw together a little baby shower for Hailey. It ended up being well attended and fun. She got a lot of things for her little one and it was fun to be able to do something for her as I'm always so far away.
Returning back home.. was culture shock. Luckily Brooke is living with us and working.. but not having a child that really is under 18 and doing activities is a huge change.
I have been basically trying to keep busy by doing projects.
I have crocheted.... pot holders, lap throw, 2 baby blankets.... I cut out and pieced together a simple block quilt out of keepsake dresses... I have made 2 sets of roman shades and a simple curtain...
I have gone through boxes and files and tried to pare down, recycle and donate...
I baked some pumpkin cookies and sent them to the kids.
I have sewn an 18th century halloween costume for Stef and read some books.
I have a tendency since covid to be sort of a hermit. I like to spend time alone and just be so I am now having to kindof force myself out of the house.
I am also now the music person in my ward. Like the chairwoman or head or whatever. I've always played the organ but never had to coordinate the numbers, plan the hymns and figure out the special musical stuff. It's actually a lot harder than I anticipated. Somehow the hymns were always magically scheduled before.
I did get to play the organ for Stake Conference which was a little intimidating and I basically played it loud and fast...
I have seen the little grandboys once and watched my 4 year old play hockey. I also watched Tripp turn 2.
Jenny and her parents came this weekend and we enjoyed a trip to the pumpkin patch. She is a treasure.
Kris and I are re connecting to being a couple and we do fun things like watch the Great British Bake Off together and watch football. We also sometimes go on drives.
It's an exciting life folks!




No comments:
Post a Comment