Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Mimi on the move

 I have to blog about my newest grandson.. and the great adventure I had getting to meet him.

Hailey was expecting him on the 4th of November and being the planner that she is we had arranged for me to take off work the 1st-15th to be there for the big event.  Well October 30th I was awakened by a call letting me know that it was go time.  I was not quite ready for this but I was sort of packed and somehow I made it out the door 20 minutes later and was on the road.  I had back ups in place for all of my musical commitments that day and I activated those plans as I left.

There are roughly 570 miles between us and I was determined to make the birth.  Hailey was at 3 cm and I was on the move.  I was somewhat groggy on the first leg before I made it to Vale and my favorite gas station for Dr Pepper.  After drinking that I must have had a little too much energy because I was pulled over for speeding by a very stern officer of the law.  I explained my destination and motivation and he checked my license, registration and insurance and sent my on my way.  Luckily I didn't get a ticket.  

By noon I was deep into Idaho and had pushed on with only a pit stop or 2... when Kris called me to say that he probably needed to meet up to exchange car keys.  Nothing was going to stop me from my goal of arriving for the birth so I ran into the Maverick in Jerome and handed the said keys to the surprised worker with a note that said his name on them. (He was able to retrieve them).... Somewhere between Jerome and Utah Kris passed me .. (He was returning from Utah with his brother)... He recognized me immediately although he said I looked unusually focused.  (Dang right!)

As I entered Utah the Dr. decided to start Hailey on some pitocin to get things moving... Luckily I was getting close..

Wearing my sweats and smelling like a traveler I arrived at the hospital with an In and Out burger for Joe at around 3:30 pm and things were progressing nicely.  

At 5:43 I was there when my 4th grandchild entered the world!

It was beautiful and amazing and Hailey did so well!  She is a champion!  She looked amazing too!  Even right after birth.... 

For the next 2 weeks I got to do all the things!  Snuggling, burping... rocking... and babysitting... 

This little guy is chill.  He has a ton of hair and is a good mix of his mom and dad...We are so happy he is here and healthy. 

Cooper the big brother dog was a little stressed.  Cooper and I hung out a lot.  We did morning walks where he would do his business and I would clean it up... We played fetch.. we went for drives.. He did fairly well around his brother but was mourning the loss of exclusive attention.

While I was in Utah I got to visit with Amanda and also see my brothers family and mother in law.  

I did some cooking, some laundry, and hopefully was helpful and not too annoying.

It's always fun to see a family grow and young people begin their parenting journey.  They are doing so well and are a good team.  Joe changes a mean diaper.   

I am thankful for my life as a Mimi.  It's the best.



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke