We have had a lot of big changes over the past month!
First of August the brothers and I all gathered together in Portland and helped mom and dad pack and clear out their house. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. We packed and packed and took loads to the dump and to the Goodwill. I stayed for 10 days and then drove mom back with me. Dad and Dan drove vehicles and the moving truck. Jared and David were also there and helped with the move. We really enjoyed some great visiting with extended family and joking around a lot.
Mom and Dad moved in with us and they are adjusting to our routine. We are a merry bunch most days and enjoy sharing meals and games and visiting.
They have a lot of things in storage and are settled into the room upstairs with their TV and bed.
We are happy to have them here and hope they stay awhile before finding their own place close by. Or they may just stay with us!
I also got called to be first counselor in the Relief Society. I have never served in the Relief Society. Ever. I have attended and taught lessons but never been in the presidency. I have been in Young Women's and in Primary for years so this is a pretty big change for me. But really after teaching Seminary... I feel like I survived the hardest of callings and so I'm up for anything.
Relief Society does a lot! I guess when they changed the leadership structure a few years back they were looking for ways to alleviate stress from the bishop and allow him to focus on the youth. So most of the temporal needs of the ward fall to the RS. Remember how I was a hermit in 2020? Well I think I have done more socially in the last month than I did for many year.
I have had meetings and meetings and many opportunities for service. It's a good time of life to do this. And my president is like the best lady ever and she and I think a lot alike. So it's a good fit.
Shelby is expecting a little boy in a month and we are planning Brooke's wedding in October... so there isn't really ever a dull moment. Brooke had a really nice bridal shower in August and many guests showered her with love.
My oldest grandson started Kindergarten.
I can't believe how fast time is flying.

No comments:
Post a Comment