May and June have flown by.
We haven't done anything big but little things have been fun.
Mostly I work a little every week which is nice. I guess I still like being a Nurse.
Lets talk about dinner... Every night since my parents have lived with us (almost every night) we have dinner together. I think this is a really nice ritual. When I grew up and I think in most homes in the 60's and 70's family dinner was a really important part of the day. When our kids were little and with our busy sports and activity schedules we didn't always get to do a family dinner and I really regret that. But now we are making up for it.
Around 5:30 each evening we have a meal together. Kris has been our best dinner preparer. (He always gets 5 stars). He makes really amazing food. This week I have made dinner and I do occasionally chip in. I am a 2-3 star dinner maker. Mom and dad have 2 big arsenals in their dinner repertoire... Tuna casserole and spaghetti (made with red wine). They cook every so often ... Although they do make chocolate chip cookies every Monday. Anyway... It is nice to have dinner with family every night.
In May I went and spent a few days with my little boys in Idaho. They are so fun and we really enjoyed shopping at the dollar store and playing and also doing school pick up and drop off. I also enjoyed seeing Shelby and her kids for a day.
Also in May I attended a Women's Conference at BYU and really enjoyed hearing talks and presentations ... I went with my roommate from BYU and my sister grandma Tanya. Kris got to enjoy his mom and my parents visited my brother and some cousins.
Kris has been honing his fishing skills with some quick evening trips and we spent Memorial Day together on his boat. It was lovely laying out in the sun and trolling the lines in the water. There is never a bad day fishing.
We had a nice visit from Ricky and Brooke and their dog Harley a few weeks ago. Harley is a darling lab that is just a little baby. She likes to chew things and take baths. She also was very fascinated with cow poop.
We are excited to celebrate Kris's mom's 90th birthday in July and see family and extended family. Also there are some more fishing trips slated and a big birthday celebration for our oldest grandson.
Family is the Best!



No comments:
Post a Comment