Thursday, July 17, 2008

Swimming Lessons

I have to blog a little about swimming lessons. I was so excited this year to sign Amanda up for swimming lessons. She is now 4 and about the right age. All of the girls took lessons at the Burns swimming pool. Many summer days have been spent watching them learn their strokes and pass off different levels of swimming. The kids always start as "Starfish". This basically involves blowing bubbles and becoming comfortable in the water. Well a few weeks ago, we signed Amanda up and we showed up at the pool. The first lesson was met with excitement. Amanda strutted up to the pool in her fashionable swimwear. She jumped in to see her cute teacher Connor. She tolerated the other children. I was truly amazed. What a start!!. Day 2- Amanda jumped in almost as eagerly. I was distracted talking with other pool moms when I noticed that Amanda was not in the water. I hurried around to check on her. She was lounging on her towel watching the class. "Mom, I'm done with class now. I'm taking a break". I thought perhaps I could coax her back in, but no.... Her mind was firmly made up. Day 3---we did not attend. Day 4- I received a partial refund for the lessons!!!! So much for swimming lessons. We still go and splash in the baby pool in a less structured environment.

1 comment:

TheFunYam said...

Ha! I can totally see her kickin' it on the towel. She cracks me up. You gotta love her for knowing her own mind!

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke