Friday, August 29, 2008

First Week of School

Well, we survived the first week of school. Just barely. It was a definite shock to the system. Our family rules helped a little . But not much. Did I tell you our family rules... Well here they are as presented in our back to school home evening.
1. We are respectful to adults.
2. We are kind to our sisters. ( no hitting)
3. we help around the house. (rinse your dish, make bed, pick up laundry)
4. We communicate where we are.
5. We cannot spend the night on weekdays.
So anyway....Many of the rules were broken... And I was called from school alot ..."I forgot to have you sign a permission slip etc".
But I have decided to cut down a bit on the after school activities because just getting the homework done is a real chore.
So. I have decided I could have an honorary degree in math. Because I am the designated math helper. And generally I love it. But Hailey complains if I help her too much.. because well now that is cheating. And she is very honest.
Then we have been having allergic reactions during volleyball (our high schooler) necessitating trips to the ER and adjustments in medications. So today I get a call that her drug test is positive for amphetamines and I had to provide documentation of reasons why it could be positive.
All is very smooth on the preschool front.. although Amanda is convinced she is going to marry a classmate (in the temple of course).
I do have to say I could use the labor day weekend to recover.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke