Wednesday, December 10, 2008

AAGHH Scroogey feelings

So... It's that time of the year... and i am already a simplified girl... No tree for me this year.. no presents for the kids.. just disneyland... no long letter... just a photo card.. etc etc... but the powers that be (trying to include my children in the christmas flurry) have complicated my simple plan.. I know that in their eyes they are thinking of the families with only 1 or 2 children who these assignments may be inspiring for.. To me they are well... daunting.. Shall I illustrate...Notes from school this week and i am not exaggerating.
Amanda... blah blah blah... holiday class party next Thursday, sign up for assignment.. make holiday countdown calendar with candy (that went into the trash)....
Brooke... please send $3.00 with your child for holiday movie field trip... also holiday gift money for holiday shoppers is due 12/10/2008. (Brooke lives for this so I yield).
Hailey... Please send $3.00 with your child for holiday movie .... child needs canned food donation for advisory..
Shelby... See above ....(Shelby and Hailey go to same school)... oh and also holiday dance is blah blah blah and admission is blah blah blah and don't forget that lock in is coming up and donation s are needed.
Stefani... The doozy... Please have your basketball team player complete the following list for the holidays.... donate $2.00 to local tree of joy.... Sell 5 christmas hams..... Donate 5 canned food items ..... contribute one case of water to team supply.
Then the kids actually wonder why I cannot keep all of this straight!!!
This on top of the regular... band .. piano...school homework and assignments.. Oh and the lovely helpful notes from teachers...could you please do flash cards with so and so and read to so and so an hour a night and volunteer in so and so's class...
I am feeling a little bah humbug... which is why this week for the Volleyball awards dinner... (which i didn't know about until that day when a certain daughter called me at lunch to say that we needed a salad/side dish) I went to Safeway and bought a Reesers potato.
SIMPLIFY>>>> some people would say I 'm lazy... I'm just trying to stay SANE>>>>
Merry Christmas...

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke