Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week in Review

Well.. This week is over and a new week is beginning. The 16th birthday party included 7 girls and 1 brave boy (Ethan is one of her best friends). They had cake, movies, 3 pizza's and a crazy 4 year old trying to crash the party. I'm sure she will send thank-you's to all of her grandparents.. but I do have to say thank you to our wonderful grandparents who send our kids thoughtful cards and gifts... she looked so cute in her sweaters from Gma shirley.
The driver's test is rescheduled for today (in 7 hours). We are borrowing a friends car..
Brooke started park and rec ball... she played a great game of defense and even got off a few shots....
Amanda and her four year old friend Kaiya provided the half time entertainment this weekend at the high school game..complete with a kickline and splits and fun moves in front of the whole crowd..wilst the band played. She has her own fan club now.
Hailey Mae wrote an awesome poem at school that I read today in R.S... It was so cute. It was about her hometown. It says lots of things about Burns and then in the middle it says... We had a flood..we lived in a duplex..I broke my jaw..and I hate to drink ensure.. We had a snake.. it was scary (referring to the rattler in the garage we had). Then she says.. My mom Christy says Life isn't fair..I'm sure her teacher thinks we are an interesting group. In all fairness I must credit grandpa jim with the saying.. we all can remember him saying that to us as we were growing up.. or maybe just to me?
Shelby wrote a poem and won a contest about Amanda... I actually sent it off because it is being published.. so sometime later I'll include it. Shelbz is playing bball and tolerating her friends obsession with boys. She performed with honor band last week in Bend.
kris has been conscientiously answering his cell phone when I call.. this is winning him big brownie points.
i survived teaching another relief society lesson. I still have to stay seated so I don't faint. My nursery buddies and I do a mean hokie pokie.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke